Mini Caprese Pizzas are a delicious variation of the classic Italian dish, caprese salad. They're small and packed with flavor, combining mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil for a tasty bite. These tiny pizzas are great as an appetizer or snack, and they're perfect for serving a crowd. Enjoy this fun and easy-to-eat twist on a favorite!
❤️ Why You'll Love Easy Caprese Pizzas
Honestly, what's not to love. Creamy mozzarella, juicy tomatoes with the chewy naan, topped with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, it is something that can not be beat. It will be perfect for your next pizza night.
- Quick and easy to prepare, making them perfect for parties or gatherings.
- The combination of mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil is a classic combination.
- A unique twist on the traditional pizza that guests will love.
- Small, making them fun and easy to eat.
- Ideal for both vegetarians and lovers of Italian cuisine.
- Pizza stone, pizza pan or cookie sheet or you favorite ways to cook pizza
🧾 Fresh Ingredients
Get the full list of simple ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Mini naan bread or your favorite pizza dough
- Pizza sauce or marinara
- Shredded mozzarella or fresh mozzarella slices
- Cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Balsamic Vinegar glaze
- Black pepper
🍳 How to Make Pizza Caprese Recipe
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
Prep: Slice your cherry tomatoes. Then, place your basil leaves on top of each other, roll them together, and cut them thinly.
Make the pizzas: Place your mini naan rounds on a baking sheet and evenly divide the pizza sauce over the mini rounds. Then evenly divide the shredded cheese, fresh tomato slices, and sliced basil over the mini pizzas. Season with black pepper.
Bake: Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are golden brown for the perfect crispy pizza crust. Add tangy balsamic glaze and arugula to the top of the pizza.
Hint: To make these mini pizzas more personalized, set out a selection of toppings and let guests create their own custom pizzas. This is also a great option for picky eaters or dietary restrictions.
🥄 Variations to Caprese Naan pizza
- Use different types of cheese such as feta or gorgonzola for a more unique flavor.
- Try using different sauces like pesto or BBQ sauce instead of traditional pizza sauce.
- For a healthier option, use whole wheat mini naan rounds and load up on veggies as toppings.
🍽️ What to Serve With Homemade Caprese Pizza Recipe
These mini naan pizzas are perfect as an appetizer or snack, but they can also be turned into a full meal by serving them with a side salad or soup. They're also great for parties and gatherings as finger food.
Serve pumpkin brownies as a dessert.
🍶 Storing Fresh Tomato Pizza
Refrigerator Storage: Store any leftover mini naan pizzas in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer Storage: These mini naan pizzas can also be frozen for longer storage. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid. Then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, place them back on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
💭Top Tips for Margherita Pizza
- Make sure your oven is preheated before adding your caprese pizzas. This ensures a crispy crust and melted cheese.
- Also, cut your toppings into small, uniform pieces to ensure they cook evenly and fit well on the mini naan.
- Lastly, don't overload your pizzas with too many toppings or they may become soggy from excess moisture. Stick to a few favorites to ensure the best taste and texture.
❔FAQs about Caprese Pizzas
Q: Can I use other types of bread for the pizza base?
A: Absolutely! While this recipe utilizes naan for its convenience and unique flavor, you can experiment with other types of bread such as pita, flatbread, or even baguette slices or french bread. I like to use this 2 ingredient pizza dough to make pizzas low point. The cooking times may vary, so keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.
Q: Can I make these pizzas vegan?
A: Certainly! You can substitute the regular cheese with vegan cheese, and ensure the rest of your toppings are plant-based. Everything else is vegan.
Q: How can I make these mini naan pizzas gluten-free?
A: For a gluten-free version of these pizzas, use gluten-free mini naan or another type of gluten-free flatbread. Make sure to check the labels of your other ingredients, especially sauces, as they can sometimes contain hidden gluten.
How Many WW Points in Mini Caprese Pizzas
This mini caprese pizza comes in at 6 points each. I am using fat free cheese to get the lowest points possible. If you make your own pizza dough and use the 2 ingredient dough as your pizza dough, you can make this for 3 points each.
This is a direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see the recipe as well as add it to your daily food tracker. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Need to change the number of servings? You can click on the number of servings and change the number. This will adjust the ingredient measurements to what you need.
If you love this recipe, come back and give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
More Caprese Recipes
If you love these mini caprese pizzas, you will love these recipes too.
- Caprese Skewers
Mini Caprese Pizza
- 6 mini naan rounds
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup arugula
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes.
- Place your basil leaves on top of each other, roll them together and cut them thinly.
- Place your mini naan rounds on a baking sheet and evenly divide the pizza sauce over the mini rounds.
- Then evenly divide the shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, and sliced basil over the mini pizzas.
- Season with black pepper.
- Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges reach your desired crust.
- Top with balsamic glaze and arugula.