Our Chicken Pasta with Vegetables recipe is the perfect comfort food. This one skillet dish is flavorful, a fantastic way to enjoy your fall harvest, and simply delicious. This recipe is definitely one to bookmark.
What makes this skillet meal so fantastic is that it is so easy to make. As summer comes to an end and fall starts, there are so many delicious vegetables that are coming into season and it's the perfect time to make more recipes using these garden fresh goodies.
You will find the complete measurements in the recipe card below.
- Penne pasta
- skinless chicken breasts
- mini peppers
- yellow and red mini tomatoes
- fire roasted tomatoes
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Crushed red pepper
- Olive oil
- lemon balm
At the bottom of the post, you will find step-by-step instructions.
This recipe for 6 servings is 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. However, if you add two more chicken breasts and make this 8 servings, this recipe comes down to 4 points per serving.
Chicken Pasta with Vegetables
- Cutting board
- cast iron skillet
- 1 box penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup squash chopped
- 1 cup chopped eggplant
- 1 cup sliced mini peppers
- 1 cup diced yellow and red mini tomatoes
- 1 can fire roasted tomato
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon balm minced
- Cook your pasta as directed and set to the side.
- Dice your chicken into small chunks.
- In your skillet add your oil and chicken. Sprinkle with 1/2 of your lemon pepper seasoning and cook until done. 8 to 10 minutes or it reaches 165° degrees.
- Add your vegetables ( not the can ) to your chicken and cook until tender.
- Add your can of fire roasted tomatoes and begin to add your cooked penne.
- Toss to combine. Garnish with the rest of your lemon pepper, crushed red pepper and lemon balm. Enjoy.