Looking for a hearty, but lightened-up, weeknight meal? This Weight Watchers Beef Stroganoff Recipe, that is made in an Instant Pot, is perfect. It's easy to make and cooks in under an hour.
Beef stroganoff is a rich, creamy dinner that is a family favorite. This version is lightened up by using lighter ingredients, such as lean beef and fat-free Greek yogurt. Plus, it's cooked in the Instant Pot, making it fast and easy to make.
Another one of our favorite easy dinners to make is our Caprese Chicken. This is so moist, juicy, and really delicious! Another delicious idea is our Lemon Rosemary Chicken. After your family tries this recipe, they definitely will ask for it again!
❤️ Why you'll love it
- Delicious flavor without the calories and fat
- One pot meal
- Low in points but will keep you full.
- Instant Pot
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Beef tenderloin
- Yellow onion
- Beef broth
- 99% Fat Free Cream of mushroom soup
- Fat free Greek yogurt
- Dijon mustard
- A.1. steak sauce
- Medium or wide egg noodles
You will find the full step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the page in the recipe card.
Combine the meat and the seasoning
Brown the beef in the Instant pot.
Layer the mushrooms and then the noodles on top of the meat. Then the sauce mixture.
Pressure cook, then add the remaining yogurt and mix together. Let sit.
- Use ground beef. It is often less expensive than tenderloin and it is about the same points.
- Use ground turkey. You can use ground turkey breast, which is 0 points. The creamy sauce will keep it from tasting dry.
- Don't like cream of mushroom soup? Substitute it with chicken broth.
- Serve it with rice or mashed potatoes instead of egg noodles.
🍽️ What to Serve With
- Side Salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Crusty bread or 2 ingredient dough breadsticks
Refrigerator Storage: Let the beef stroganoff cool before transferring it to an airtight container. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freezer Storage: Store it in a tightly sealed freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. If the sauce separates when thawed, just stir together well and add more yogurt, fat-free half and half, or fat-free milk.
Reheat: When ready to eat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop or microwave
- Don't overcook the meat. The Instant Pot does a great job of tenderizing and cooking it quickly.
- Use high-quality ingredients. The Instant Pot cooks everything quickly and efficiently, so using good ingredients means that they won't be cooked away while cooking in the pot.
- Don't forget to season! Adding salt and pepper adds flavor.
There are several things that you can add in place of fat free Greek yogurt. Most people use sour cream in a beef stroganoff recipe. You can also use fat-free cream cheese or fat-free cottage cheese.
Sometimes yogurt will curdle if it is added to hot liquid directly. To prevent this, temper the yogurt by adding a little of the hot cooking liquid to it. Then add the yogurt to the pan.
Yes. You can make this on the stovetop. Just brown the beef in a skillet, add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 40 minutes until everything is cooked through. Adjust seasonings as needed.
How Many WW Points in this Recipe
Typical beef stroganoff comes in at 22 points according to WW. That is because it is full of cream and sour cream. This version is using fat-free ingredients and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream which helps the recipe comes in at 8 points with noodles.
This is a direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see the recipe as well as add it to your daily food tracker. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Need to change the number of servings? You can click on the number of servings and change the number. This will adjust the ingredient measurements to what you need.
If you love this recipe, come back and give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Weight Watchers Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot
- Cutting board
- 1 pound beef tenderloin cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 10.5 ounce cream of mushroom soup- 99% Fat Free
- 2 cups fat free Greek yogurt divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons A.1. steak sauce
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 12 ounces egg noodles medium or wide
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Season meat with salt, pepper and paprika, making sure to cover all pieces well.
- In a medium size bowl, mix 1 cup yogurt, cream of mushroom soup, A.1. steak sauce, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté’.Spray the bottom of the pot with cooking spray. Add onions and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add meat. Brown meat on all sides, but do not cook through.
- Layer the mushrooms and then the noodles on top of the meat. Add the mixture from step 2 and then add the beef broth. Do not stir!!!
- Close and secure lid of Instant Pot and set to manual pressure for 8 minutes. Allow steam to release naturally for 15 minutes. Release remaining steam and remove lid.
- Add remaining cup of yogurt and mix ingredients well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes. The mixture will appear thin but will thicken up upon standing.
Leave a Reply