Learn how to whip up a delicious and creamy avocado dressing in just minutes! Learn all the tips and tricks to making this zesty flavor-packed salad dressing.
❤️ Why you'll love it
This is a great condiment recipe to have around as it goes well with so many dishes like a healthy salad, tacos, burrito bowls, and more. Any avocado lover will want to add it to everything. The fresh flavors of lime and cilantro combined with the smooth creamy texture of avocado make it a zesty but refreshing dressing.
- This is a delicious addition to any leafy greens salad, like Mexican chopped salad, or grain bowl.
- It’s easy and quick.
- Packs a big punch of flavor thanks to plenty of lime juice and zest. Plus, it only requires a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Fresh cilantro
- Plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Real maple syrup
- Kosher salt and black pepper
🍳 How to Make
At the bottom of the post in the recipe card, you will find the complete instructions.
Combine all ingredients in a blender or bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
Add a little water, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Hint: For the best flavor, use ripe avocados and freshly squeezed lime juice for the dressing.
- For an extra spicy kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Add a fresh garlic clove or extra fresh herbs to add additional flavors.
- For a sweeter version, use more maple syrup.
- If you don’t have shallot on hand, red onions work as a substitute.
- If you're looking for a creamy vegan variation, use silken tofu instead of Greek yogurt.
🍽️ What to Serve
- This can be used to dress salads or fresh vegetables, tacos, burrito bowls, and more.
- It also makes a delicious dip for crudités or tortilla chips.
- Use it as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
- Don't forget dessert. Serve Weight Watchers Chocolate Cheesecake
Refrigerator Storage: Store the leftovers in mason jars, an airtight container, or covered well with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
Freezer Storage: To freeze, transfer it to an airtight container or resealable freezer bag. It should last up to two months when stored properly.
When ready to use, remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw before serving.
Reheat: This does not need to be reheated to be used. You can reheat it to use over pasta or for a warm sandwich. In that case, place it in a saucepan over low-medium heat until warmed through.
- Use a mini food processor to get the smoothest consistency.
- If the dressing is too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
Yes, this creamy avocado dressing is good for you and provides healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. However, typically when you use a creamy dressing, you can add a lot of fat, calories, and points to whatever you are eating.
Absolutely. Feel free to experiment with different spices and herbs, such as cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, garlic powder, and more. You can also add a tablespoon of honey instead of maple syrup.
Yes, you can use fat-free sour cream instead of Greek yogurt. The flavor will be slightly different but still delicious. Keep in mind that the dressing will have higher fat content and fewer benefits than yogurt.
Need to change the number of servings? You can click on the number of servings and change the number. This will adjust the ingredient measurements to what you need.
If you love this recipe, come back and give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Blender or food processor
- Cutting board
- 1 large avocado pitted
- ½ small shallot peeled and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons water optional if needed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To prepare the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add a little water, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How Many WW Points
This comes in at 2 points per serving. While this might seem like a higher-point recipe, most dressings are about 2 to 3 points, with creamy dressings being higher.
This is a direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see the recipe as well as add it to your daily food tracker. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Leave a Reply