Looking for a delicious and guilt-free dessert? Look no further than this Weight Watchers Lemon Cheesecake Recipe! This light and fluffy cheesecake is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without any of the guilt. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this 0 Point Lemon Cheesecake is sure to become a new family favorite.
Low Fat Lemon Cheesecake with Greek Yogurt
This is one of the most amazing lemon cheesecake recipes you will ever try. This delicious WW cheesecake will have you begging for more. You can indulge your sweet tooth for as little as zero points (depending on your plan). I mean a zero point dessert that taste just like the real thing. Sign me up.
Based on my basic vanilla Weight Watchers Cheesecake, this recipe is the burst of lemon you are looking for.
Lemon Weight Watchers Cheese Cake
I seriously love all things lemon. Lemon donuts (which come in at 1 point) are one of my go to treats. Then of course there are lemon cake mix cookies… the list keep going. So this lemon cheesecake it at the top of the list. With the tartness of the lemon combining with the sweetness of the cheesecake and the creaminess of the filling, it is everything you could ask for in a simple WW dessert.
3 Reasons to Make this Weight Watchers Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
1. It’s guilt free- You can indulge in this delicious cheesecake without any of the guilt. This recipe is light and fluffy and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth all while staying on track with points.
2. It’s easy to make- Made with just a few simple ingredients, this cheesecake is quick and easy to make.
3. It’s a family favorite- This cheesecake is sure to become a new family favorite. Delicious and guilt free and something the whole family will love, what more could you ask for?
Is this made with Healthy Ingredients?
There are healthy ingredients in this cheesecake. The base of any of the WW cheesecake recipes is to use fat free Greek yogurt. Then comes the eggs. Where it gets iffy is the sugar free pudding and sugar substitute. Some people would argue that it is processed and that you shouldn’t eat sugar substitutes. This is personal opinion. For me, I think that eating this over eating a piece of real cheesecake makes it a good choice. It is filled with healthy items that will help keep me on track and away from the high fat and high calorie alternative.
What’s the Difference Between Regular Yogurt and Greek Yogurt
When it comes to yogurt, there are two main types- regular and Greek. The main difference between the two is that Greek yogurt is strained, resulting in a thicker consistency. It also has more protein and less sugar than regular yogurt. For this recipe, you will want to use Greek yogurt for the best results.
Can I Use Regular Yogurt in Lemon WeightWatchers Cheesecake
Yes, you can use regular yogurt in this recipe. However, the consistency of the cheesecake will not be as thick and creamy. It will make a much loser cheesecake. Additionally, it will have more sugar and less protein, resulting in more points. If you choose to use regular yogurt, I would recommend straining it before using it in the recipe. This will help to thicken it up and remove some of the excess liquid.
Can I Use Something Else
I have heard from a lot of people that they do not like the taste of Greek yogurt and therefore have issues with this Zero Point Lemon Cheesecake. If that is the case, you can also use cottage cheese. Make sure it is fat free and small curds. I would also recommend blending the cottage cheese to smooth out the curds. Otherwise your WW cheesecake will have lumps.
How Long Does the Weight Watchers Cheesecake Need to Be Refrigerated
You need to refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours. I actually prefer to leave it overnight. I know it seems excessive when you are drooling over having fresh baked lemon cheesecake but you have to. If you cut the weight watchers cheesecake too soon, it will be runny and and will not have the firm texture that you want from the cheesecake. Resist the urge, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. You will thank me for it.
How to Store Weight Watchers Skinny Points Lemon Cheesecake
To store, simply cover and refrigerate. It will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. I like to make mine ahead of time and enjoy it throughout the week. This is a great recipe to meal prep for the week. Simply make ahead and grab as needed for a quick and easy dessert or snack.
Can It Be Frozen
Absolutely. This 0 Point Weight Watchers Lemon Cheesecake freezes well. Simply wrap tightly and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
I like to slice it into pieces and wrap each on separately. This way, I can take one out at a time. This is a great way to help with portion control as well as help the cheesecake last longer.
Variations to Lemon Cheesecake
You can add a lot of different things to your lemon cheesecake. I love lemons and raspberries and I think lemon and blueberries are great too. You can add them directly to the cheesecake batter or add them over the top. You can also macerate them slightly and let them sit so it almost acts like a glaze.
Another idea for a low fat low calorie option to add over this cheesecake is pureed fruit. I like to use mango, strawberries or even blackberries.
You can also top the WW cheesecake with light or fat free whipped cream.
Can I Make Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
Yes, you can make mini cheesecakes with this recipe. To do so, simply divide the batter evenly among a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin and serving. These are great for portion control and make a great snack or dessert.
Do I Need a Springform Pan
If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a regular 9-inch cake pan or pie plate. I tend to use a pie plate because I think it looks pretty but if you want convenience, use a springform pan Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake as directed. The cheesecake will not be as tall but will still be delicious. When it’s time to remove the cheesecake from the pan, simply run a knife around the edge and invert onto a plate or serving platter. Peel off the parchment paper and serve.
What is the Best Sugar Substitute
This is completely up to you. I tend to use Swerve. I love that there are so many options and the there is no funky aftertaste. However, I used to swear by Splenda and hubby still uses it in his coffee. You can also use stevia or whatever type of no calorie sugar substitute you like. Keep in mind that the ones that I use are a one to one substitution. If you are using something different, you will need to adjust for that.
Can I Use Real Sugar
You can. I try to keep the recipes as low in points as possible, but since this is a small amount of sugar, it shouldn’t change the point count too badly. If you use regular sugar instead of a sugar substitute, make sure to change it in your recipe builder to get the correct points.
I Can’t Find Sugar Free Lemon Pudding
Sometimes it can be hard to find sugar free items. If you can’t find sugar free lemon pudding, you can use the regular one but if you want to avoid the points, you can use sugar free cheesecake pudding and add lemon extract. I would add 2 teaspoons to start.
Can I Make This Lemon 0 Point Cheesecake in Other Flavors
It is so simple to change up this recipe and make it in different flavors. I have made it as a
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Cheesecake
- WW White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Skinny Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- Weight Watchers Butterscotch Cheesecake
Is it Really a Weight Watchers 0 Point Cheesecake
So that is a good question. When I started making this Weight Watchers 0 Point Cheesecake, it was 0 points on the SmartPoints plan. Then WW changed into 3 plans, Blue, Purple and Green, and it was free on Blue and Purple. Now it depends on your personal plan. No matter how your plan breaks it down, it is going to be 4 points or less. On my plan it is still 0 points for 1 slice, when it is sliced into 8 slices. I tend to eat 1/4, so I slice it into 4 pieces and it comes in at 1 point.
With the new personal points plan from WW, your points might be different than mine. In that case, here is the direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see how many points Lemon Cheesecake are for you. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Plain Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- Instant sugar-free/fat-free lemon pudding flavor or sugar free/ fat free cheesecake pudding with lemon extract
- Sugar substitute
How to Make WW 0 Point Lemon Cheesecake
In a mixing bowl add eggs and sugar substitute. Beat well.
Add yogurt and pudding and mix well.
Pour into a lightly greased pie dish.
Bake on 350 degrees for 30 min.
Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before eating.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Weight Watchers Lemon Cheescake
- large mixing bowl
- springform pan
- pie plate
- stand mixer
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Cups Plain Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 small box Lemon pudding mix instant sugar-free/fat-free
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- In a mixing bowl add eggs and sugar substitute. Beat well.
- Add yogurt and pudding and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased pie dish.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 30 min.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before eating.