This Instant Pot cheeseburger soup is a hearty, easy meal that the whole family will love. It's perfect for a busy weeknight or to warm up from the cold weather.
Any time of the year is a good time for soup! So why not change things up a bit and make this yummy soup. If your family loves cheeseburgers, then they will definitely love this recipe.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Cooking Spray
- White onion
- Ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Red potatoes
- Beef broth or beef stock
- Fat free half n half
- Fat free sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Smoked paprika
- Instant Pot
🍳 How to Make
Get the full list of ingredients, measurements, and step-by-step instructions for this delicious recipe at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
Select the sauté mode. Add the diced onion, ground beef, and seasoning. Brown the beef.
Next, add the red potatoes and beef broth. Pressure cook using high pressure for 3 minutes with a natural release.
Temper the half and half and then add to the pot.
Add the cheese, one cup at a time, and stir until completely melted.
In the last step, garnish this cheesy soup with parsley, green onions, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika or your favorite toppings.
Hint: If you want a thicker soup, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and add it to the pot.
- If you're looking to mix things up a bit, try adding additional vegetables such as carrots or celery.
- If you don't like red potatoes, you can substitute them with other varieties such as Yukon Gold or sweet potatoes.
- Replace the cheddar cheese with fat-free cream cheese.
- You can also add different spices, such as garlic powder, cumin, or chili powder, for more flavor.
- For an extra kick of flavor, add some diced jalapenos.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
- Heavy cream can be used but this is a lot higher in points.
🍽️ What to Serve
This soup is hearty enough to stand alone, but if you'd like a complete meal, here are some suggestions.
- Try serving it with a green side salad and some crusty bread.
- If you're looking for something lighter, try topping the soup with crushed tortilla chips or croutons.
- For a heartier meal, add some cooked macaroni noodles or serve with a side of grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Don't forget dessert. Of course, one of my favorites are Weight Watchers Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Refrigerator Storage: Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Freezer Storage: Place cooled soup into a freezer-safe bag or container and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months. This is a great freezer meal. Make a large batch of instant pot cheeseburger soup and split it for dinner tonight and freeze the other half.
To reheat: Thaw the frozen soup in the refrigerator overnight. Heat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Don't skimp on the cheese.
- For extra flavor, try adding a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce or a tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the pot.
- Ready in just 25 minutes: This delicious soup is ready to serve in no time!
- Easy to customize. Throw any vegetables you have on hand into this recipe for a quick and easy meal.
- A comfort food favorite with tons of flavor. Nothing beats a warm, cheesy bowl of cheeseburger soup.
❓How Many WW Points
This recipe is made using lean ground beef to create the flavors of a cheeseburger in a delicious hearty soup that is still low in points. You can use ground turkey breast as well. The points for this recipe is using ground beef. This recipe comes in at 7 points.
If you do not like using fat-free cheese, you can use reduced-fat cheese, however, this does increase the points. In this case, I would reduce the amount of cheese.
This is a direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see the recipe as well as add it to your daily food tracker. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
Yes, you can make this soup in a slow cooker. Brown the beef and onion on the stove top before transferring it to your slow cooker. Then add all remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Stir in the cheese during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Yes, you can make this soup with ground turkey or ground chicken instead of beef. The nutritional information will change slightly. Be sure to cook the turkey until it is no longer pink in the middle before serving.
Yes, you can make this soup low carb by omitting the potatoes and substituting them with more vegetables such as cauliflower or zucchini. You can also replace the dairy milk with a non-dairy alternative such as almond or oat milk.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Need to change the number of servings? You can click on the number of servings and change the number. This will adjust the ingredient measurements to what you need.
If you love this recipe, come back and give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot
- Olive OIl Cooking Spray
- ½ medium white onion finely diced
- 1 lbs. ground beef 95%
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 lbs. red potatoes chopped small
- 3 cup beef broth preferably organic, divided
- ½ cup fat free half n half
- 4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Add olive oil spray to Instant Pot® inner cooking pot and select the “Sauté’ function. Use the “Adjust” button to select the “Normal” (medium) setting.
- Once hot, add the diced onion and ground beef. Add the Italian seasoning and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion develops some color and the beef is mostly browned, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Push the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button and add the red potatoes and beef broth. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on “High.” Adjust cook time to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam before carefully removing the lid.
- To prevent curdling, temper the half and half by adding 2-3 tablespoons of the hot liquid from inside the Instant Pot® to it before adding it to the container. Stir to combine.
- Add the cheddar cheese, one cup at a time, and stir until completely melted. Serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika for garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply