Try something new tonight with this easy-to-follow recipe for delicious shrimp fajita bowls. Learn how to make the perfect healthy shrimp fajitas with colorful bell peppers, and onions and served over a bowl of rice.
❤️ Why you'll love it
This recipe is easy to make and packs a punch when it comes to flavor.
- All the flavors of traditional fajitas with tender shrimp and cooked vegetables
- Sautéed shrimp, bell peppers, onions, chili powder, and lime juice
- Perfectly cooked and seasoned rice
- Hearty, filling, and easy to make
- Low in points
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Bell peppers- red, yellow, and orange- jalapenos for an added kick
- Red onion
- Fajita seasoning, taco seasoning or cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder
- Your favorite toppings
🍳 How to Make
You will find a complete step by step process in the recipe card that is located at the bottom of the post.
Make the cilantro lime rice and keep it warm.
Over medium heat, spray oil into a large skillet and saute the peppers and onions until softened.
Move the sliced bell peppers and red onions to a plate and add the seasoned shrimp. Cook until opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
To serve, divide the rice between 4 serving bowls and top with veggies and shrimp. Top with lime wedges, fresh cilantro, and your favorite toppings.
Hint: Make sure not to overcook the shrimp or they will become rubbery.
- This recipe is very versatile and can be changed to suit your taste. Try adding diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, or jalapenos for more flavor and texture.
- Substitute bell peppers with broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, or kale.
- Instead of eating it as a bowl, use a lettuce wrap to hold your shrimp fajitas.
🍽️ What to Serve
This is the perfect complete meal and doesn't need anything else. However, if you'd like to serve something alongside it, consider a side of :
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Avocado Dressing
- pico de gallo
- Don't forget dessert. I love this chocolate mug cake.
Refrigerator Storage: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freezer Storage: To freeze, place the cooled fajita bowl in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat: When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat on the stovetop or microwave until warmed through.
- The key to making the perfect shrimp fajita bowls is in the seasoning.
- For added flavor, top with diced avocado or a dollop of sour cream.
- To lower the points in this recipe, which is already low, you can cut the rice back, per bowl, and increase the veggies or shrimp.
Yes, shrimp is a lean source of protein and a great choice for those looking to add more seafood to their diet. Shrimp bowls are low in points and can be made healthier by using homemade seasonings.
The shrimp fajitas are low carb and considered keto, until you serve it with brown rice. This shrimp fajita bowl recipe is a healthy meal with or without the bed of cilantro-lime rice. The shrimp fajitas can be eaten over cilantro lime cauliflower rice or wrapped in romaine lettuce.
You can serve the shrimp fajitas with tortillas. I love adding all of the ingredients to the tortilla and wrapping it up. Corn tortillas or flour tortillas can be used, depending on your preferences.
How Many WW Points
The rice in this recipe accounts for most of the points. The rice is 3 points per serving and the shrimp fajitas themselves are 0 points. This makes the shrimp fajita bowls 3 points per serving when paired with 1/2 cup of rice.
This is a direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see the recipe as well as add it to your daily food tracker. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
- Delicious Mexican Chopped Salad
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken - Easy Skillet Chicken
- Weight Watchers Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Need to change the number of servings? You can click on the number of servings and change the number. This will adjust the ingredient measurements to what you need.
If you love this recipe, come back and give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lbs. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Additional cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- Cook the rice and set it aside, keeping it warm.
- Add the cooking spray to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and red onion. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer the veggies to a plate and add the shrimp to the skillet. (Add a little more olive oil spray, if necessary). Sprinkle with ground cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook just until the shrimp turns opaque, approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To serve, divide the seasoned rice between four serving bowls and top each bowl with the cooked vegetables and shrimp. Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply