Indulge in the guilt-free goodness of Weight Watchers Taco Soup. Packed with flavorful ingredients and a touch of spice, this satisfying soup is perfect for a healthy and delicious meal.
Discover a recipe that will tantalize your taste buds while keeping you on track with your weight loss goals. Try our WW Taco Soup today and savor a bowlful of flavor without worry. This is also a perfect recipe for meal prep and freezer cooking.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Easy Recipe
- Flavorful and satisfying: This soup is a taste sensation that will delight your palate with its rich blend of spices and ingredients.
- Guilt-free indulgence: Enjoy a hearty bowl of this soup without worrying about your waistline, as it's designed to be a healthy and nutritious option.
- Versatile and customizable: Make it your own by adding your favorite toppings and garnishes, making each bowl a unique culinary creation.
- Perfect for busy lifestyles: Since you can whip up a batch of this in no time, making it an ideal meal option for those on the go.
- Stay on track with your goals: With its Weight Watchers-approved recipe, this soup helps you maintain a balanced and mindful approach to your wellness journey.
🧾 Simple Ingredients
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and fill recipe instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Chicken Broth
- Diced tomato
- Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
- Lean Ground beef
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Favorite Taco Toppings: Taco sauce, Salsa, Avocado, Lime, Cilantro, Sour cream, Shredded Mexican cheese
🍳 How to Make This
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
Season the ground meat with salt and pepper and then form it into meatballs. Add into the slow cooker.
Cut the cabbage into strips. Add the cabbage and chicken breast to the slow cooker. Add the seasoning and the broth.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or low for 4-5 hours on high.
Once the cooking is done, remove the chicken and shred it. Then add it back into the bowl.
Ladle the soup into the bowls and add garnish.
Hint: This recipe can also be made on the stove top in a large soup pot. Add everything to the pot like you would the slow cooker and simmer. Keep watch and stir occasionally. The soup is done once the chicken has cooked through.
This is a delicious soup recipe that the whole family will love and the best part is that it is so easy to change up. You can make it different each time or change it to make it so your family thinks it is just right.
- Spicy sensation: If you prefer a spicier kick, amp up the heat by adding diced jalapeños or a dash of cayenne pepper to the soup. Adjust the spice level to your liking, making each spoonful a fiery and exhilarating experience.
- Creamy delight: For a creamier version, stir in a dollop of light sour cream or fat-free Greek yogurt just before serving. This addition adds a velvety texture and a tangy note to the soup, enhancing its overall indulgence.
- Southwest-inspired: Give it a Southwestern flair by adding ingredients like corn kernels, diced green peppers, and beans. I like to use a variety of black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans. Even hot chili beans will work. These additions bring a burst of color, texture, and additional nutritional value to the soup, creating a vibrant and wholesome meal.
- Herb-infused: Elevate the herbal notes of the soup by adding fresh herbs like chopped cilantro, oregano, or parsley. These aromatic additions lend a burst of freshness and complexity to the overall taste profile.
- Hearty addition: If you prefer a heartier soup, consider adding cooked rice or quinoa during the last few minutes of cooking. This variation adds substance and makes the soup more filling, perfect for those seeking a satisfying meal option.
🍽️ What to Serve With This
- Crusty bread or tortillas. Tortilla chips are also another delicious idea.
- Side salad or steamed veggies
- Don't forget dessert. Deliciously Refreshing Mango Sorbet Recipe
Refrigerator Storage: Let it cool to room temperature. Transfer the soup to an airtight container or sealable bag and store it in the refrigerator. It can be kept refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. When ready to enjoy, simply reheat the desired portion.
Freezer Storage: If you have leftovers or want to make a larger batch for future use, allow the soup to cool completely and transfer it to freezer-safe containers or bags. Make sure to leave some room for expansion. Properly stored, the soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. When you're ready to enjoy it, thaw the soup in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Freeze in Portions: Freeze individual portions of the soup in freezer-safe containers or bags for quick and easy future meals. This way, you can have a healthy option on hand whenever you're in need of a convenient and satisfying meal.
To reheat, there are a few methods you can use:
- Stove Top: Transfer the desired amount of soup to a pot and heat it over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Microwave: Place the desired portion of soup in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until it is thoroughly heated.
Remember to heat the soup to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safely reheated. Once reheated, garnish with your favorite toppings, and enjoy a delicious and convenient meal.
- Slow Cooker Liner: For easier cleanup, use a slow cooker liner. It takes the scrubbing out of cleaning the crockpot when dinner is done.
- Keep the Fat Low: If any excess fat floats on the top from the ground beef, make sure skim it off.
- Meal Prep: Consider preparing a larger batch and portioning it into individual servings for easy grab-and-go meals throughout the week. This will save you time and ensure you have a nutritious option readily available.
- Mindful Toppings: Be mindful of the toppings you choose to add to your taco soup. Opt for lighter options like diced avocado, a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese, or a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of high-calorie toppings like sour cream or excessive amounts of cheese.
How can I lower the points value of the soup?
To lower the points in this recipe, you can use ground turkey instead of using ground beef. Another idea for cutting points is to add lots of 0 point veggies. Adding foods that are zero points makes a hearty soup and increases the amount of serving in the soup. This will decrease the number of points per serving.
Can I adjust the spice level of the soup?
Absolutely! You have complete control over the spice level in Weight Watchers Taco Soup. Add more or less chili powder, cayenne pepper, or diced jalapeños to increase the heat to your personal preference.
How Many Weight Watchers Points
This recipe, without any of the toppings, comes in at 2 WW points. Any toppings will add additional points.
This is a direct link to the recipe in the WW app. You can see the recipe as well as add it to your daily food tracker. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the United States, you will need to enter it manually.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Need to change the number of servings? You can click on the number of servings and change the number. This will adjust the ingredient measurements to what you need.
If you love this recipe, come back and give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
More Delicious Meals
- Chicken Pasta with Vegetables
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken
- Amazing Caprese Chicken Recipe
- Weight Watchers Beef Stroganoff
Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 28 oz diced tomato drained
- 1 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- ½ head cabbage
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Taco sauce
- Dollop of sour cream
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Begin by seasoning the ground beef with half of the salt and pepper, and then shaping it into meatballs that are approximately 1 tbsp in size.
- Next, cut the cabbage in half and then slice it into small strips.
- In your slow cooker, combine the chicken breast, meatballs, diced tomatoes, cabbage, all the seasoning, and the broth.
- Set the slow cooker to cook for 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- Once the cooking time is complete, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sliced avocado, lime juice, cilantro, sour cream, and shredded Mexican cheese.